Joseph F. Allison House
131 Main Street, Sackville, N.B.
Joseph F. Allison House is a beautiful late Georgian House, built by local merchant Joseph Francis Allison in 1841. On his death in 1863 his widow, Mary married prominent politician and Senator, the Hon. Amos Edwin Botsford and they occupied the house until 1894.
In 1901 the house was acquired by Horace Ellsworth Fawcett, president of the Fawcett stove manufacturing company; he made major renovations in 1908. C.M.P.Fisher, president of the rival Enterprise Foundry married Mary Kathleen Fawcett, a daughter of Horace Fawcett; they became owners of the house in 1934.
The present owners, marketing company SGCI completed a major renovation in 1997 which included an addition that nearly doubled the size of the facility. The extension is a good example of how a modern addition can match the style and feel of the original building.
|This site is listed in the Canadian Register of Historic Places ; for fuller details see Joseph F. Allison House|
TANTRAMAR HISTORIC SITES home page
List of 19th CENTURY sites