Donald Shives Fisher House
1 Rectory Lane, Sackville, N.B.
Built in the Queen Anne style in 1888, this is a large two-story house with many dormers, two-story bays and an American Adam's entrance.
Land at this site was part of the Joseph Allison Estate. Thompson Trueman, a long time steward in the Wesleyan Academy, acquired part of this estate and built this house as a retirement home for himself and his wife, the former Rebecca Wood.
The second long-time owner of the property was Donald Shives Fisher who in 1921 joined the family firm of Enterprise Foundry Company where he served as vice-president and general manager for many years. He was one of the prime movers in establishing Sackville Memorial Hospital and very involved in Sackville community life.
|This site is listed in the Canadian Register of Historic Places ; for fuller details see Donald Shives Fisher House|
TANTRAMAR HISTORIC SITES home page
List of 19th CENTURY sites