Sackville Town Hall
| 1924 Town Hall |
Once the Amasa Killam property, granted in 1765, this site has contained a number of commercial stores including the Crane-Allison store. The intersection has long been called Crane's Corner. Other stores operating at this site were Smith & McKelvie, Lindsay & Vickery, George E. Ford and Dr. J.W. Sangster. A Post Office and Customs Office were located here for over 100 years. In 1924 the Dominion Government Building was constructed which included a Post Office, Customs Office and Janitor's living quarters. The Unemployment Commission joined them in 1958. In March of 1963 the Postal Department moved to the new federal building and the Town of Sackville took over the building. Since then the building has housed the town hall offices, council chambers, town library, court house and police station.