Tantramar Tantramar Acadian

Historic Sites in Sackville, New Brunswick, and Area : 17th Century and Earlier

For fuller information click on title in "COMMEMORATES" column

COMMEMORATES
MARKER
DATE
LOCATION
Sackville Centennial Monument Monument First Peoples to 1903 Adjacent to Swan Pond, 155 Main Street, Sackville, N.B.
Ancient Indian Portage Route Cairn Aboriginal Frosty Hollow, Route 106, N.B.
Beaubassin National Historic Site Signage 1672-1750 Fort Lawrence Road, Fort Lawrence, Nova Scotia
Jacob (Jacques) Bourgeois Free-standing plaque 1672 Opposite entrance to NS Visitors Centre, Fort Lawrence, N.S.
Acadian Village of Beaubassin Four-sided monument 1672-1750 90 Cumberland Loop, Fort Lawrence, N.S., next to the NS Visitors Centre at the NS/NB border
Île de la Vallière / Tonge's Island Cairn 1676-1684 On Brown Road, off Aulac Road in the Beauséjour Marsh just west of the Missaguash River (between Aulac and Fort Lawrence). A historical marker is situated within the grounds of Fort Beauséjour, Aulac, N.B.

Return to TANTRAMAR HISTORIC SITES home page


Home      About Us      Upcoming Events      Historic Sites     
Boultenhouse Heritage Centre      Research Centre      Campbell Carriage Factory Museum     
Tantramar History      Publications      Newsletters      Yorkshire 2000      Sackville 250     
Links      Site Map