Tantramar Tantramar Acadian

View

General view of Point de Bute Cemetery,
Point de Bute, Highway 16, N.B.
POINT DE BUTE CEMETERY
1788

This cemetery was established in 1788 on land donated by Yorkshire settler William Chapman and his second wife Jane. It is the burying place of many of those who came to this area as part of the Yorkshire immigration and their descendants.

POINT DE BUTE
UNITED CHURCH CEMETERY

Founded September 18, 1788 through the generous donation of land to John Wesley, London, England, by Wm. and Jane Chapman. Over the years the Cemetery has been expanded through the kindness, co-operation and generosity of the following members of the community.Joseph and Mary Chapman c. 1868 / John and Jane Robinson 1902 / Gideon and Eliza Carter 1903 / John and Carthel Robinson 1958 / Erica Fassauer, Alwin and Penelope Zerb 1986 / Wm. R. Trueman in memory of his wife Helen 1986. "One generation shall praise Thy name to another."
Cemetery

Plaque placed in 1988 on Memorial Archway Point de Bute Cemetery.


TANTRAMAR HISTORIC SITES home page

List of 18th CENTURY sites