Joseph Lamb House
72 Church Street, Middle Sackville, N.B.
This is a one and half storey white clapboard cottage in the Regency style.
A 1764 map of Sackville Township shows that land was laid out at this site as Lot number 21, Letter C. By 1786, the land had been purchased by Joseph Lamb, a Loyalist.
James and Thomas Estabrooks, important figures in the development of the Town of Sackville, purchased the house in 1796. In 1846, the site passed to carpenter and store-keeper Reuben Chase. Long time owner of the property was Roy Brooks, large property owner and farmer of land in Middle and Upper Sackville.
|This site is listed in the Canadian Register of Historic Places ; for fuller details see Joseph Lamb House|
TANTRAMAR HISTORIC SITES home page
List of 18th CENTURY sites