56 Crescent Street, Sackville, N.B.
Built in 1841, the Dixon House is a small, one-and-half storey wood frame dwelling, with rear addition. It has retained many of the details of a Vernacular style of architecture that in the Maritimes is known as Neo-Classical Derivation. The simple design of this style is reflected in the symmetrical façade, gable roof and rectangular massing.
The house was built by William Dixon (grandson of 1772 Yorkshire settler Charles Dixon) prior to his marriage to Mary Jane Trueman in 1841. In 1844 the property was acquired by local fruit farmer Edward Ogden. Since 1917 it has been owned by the Adam Amos family.
|This site is listed in the Canadian Register of Historic Places ; for fuller details see Dixon House|
List of 19th CENTURY sites