Ronald Campbell House
17 Church Street, Middle Sackville, N.B.
This two-storey white clapboard house was built around 1850 in the Greek Revival style, featuring returned eaves, a gable roof and overall symmetry. Several later additions that have been made adhere to the original style of the house.
The builder of the house, Ronald Campbell, arrived in the Sackville area in 1823 from Cornwallis, Nova Scotia. With his son George he began a Carriage Factory business in 1854. The Campbell Carriage Factory, now a museum, still stands a short way from here at 19 Church Street. The house remains in the Campbell family to this day.
| This site is listed in the Canadian Register of Historic Places ; see Ronald Campbell House
For further information on the Campbell Carriage Factory see the listing for the Campbell Carriage Factory
For a biographical sketch of Ronald Campbell see Ronald Campbell (1799-1863)
TANTRAMAR HISTORIC SITES home page
List of 19th CENTURY sites