Donald Shives Fisher House
1 Rectory Lane, Sackville, N.B.
Built in the Queen Anne style in 1888, this is a large two-story house with many dormers, two-story bays and an American Adam's entrance.
Land at this site was part of the Joseph Allison Estate. Thompson Trueman, a long time steward in the Wesleyan Academy, acquired part of this estate and built this house as a retirement home for himself and his wife, the former Rebecca Wood.
The second long-time owner of the property was Donald Shives Fisher who in 1921 joined the family firm of Enterprise Foundry Company where he served as vice-president and general manager for many years. He was one of the prime movers in establishing Sackville Memorial Hospital and very involved in Sackville community life.
This site is listed in the Canadian Register of Historic Places ; see Donald Shives Fisher House.
This building is within the Town of Sackville Municipal Heritage Conservation Area A.
Jackson, Kip and Charlie Scobie, Sackville Then and Now: New Brunswick's Oldest Town in Photographs (Sackville, N.B.: Tantramar Heritage Trust, 2013, p.95.
TANTRAMAR HISTORIC SITES home page
List of 19th CENTURY sites