Captain Wilson Estabrooks House
44 Queens Road, Sackville, N.B.
Built in 1890, this two-storey Gothic Revival dwelling has handsome bay windows on the front façade. A rear addition is in keeping with the original architecture of the house. It is located in the area known locally as "Captains' Corner."
Captain Wilson Estabrooks built a house at this location in 1869, but it was destroyed by fire in 1890. It was immediately replaced by the present structure. Captain Estabrooks spent much of his career as the Master of the schooner "Bella" and of the schooner "Effa". These packets plied the waters of the Bay of Fundy between Sackville and Saint John conveying passengers and freight on a seasonal basis.
|This site is listed in the Canadian Register of Historic Places ; for fuller details see Captain Wilson Estabrooks House|
TANTRAMAR HISTORIC SITES home page
List of 19th CENTURY sites