Captain Thomas Egan House
Built in 1892, this white clapboard two-story dwelling is a prime example of a Gothic Revival house with several additions, including a distinctive sun porch. Prominent shipbuilder and sea captain Thomas Egan acquired this site from Captain Amos Atkinson and built the house to be near his shipyard.
Fred Fisher, son of W.S. Fisher of Saint John, owner of Enterprise Foundry of Sackville, purchased the house in 1907. In 1927 he built an area to house his father-in-law, Rev. C.F. Wiggins; the roofline and the many small paned windows of this addition blend well with the earlier structure. In 1931, Fred Fisher became president of Enterprise Foundry Company; he was a leading industrialist, who contributed to the advancement of regional trade.
|This site is listed in the Canadian Register of Historic Places ; for fuller details see Captain Thomas Egan House|
TANTRAMAR HISTORIC SITES home page
List of 19th CENTURY sites