John Johnson House
7 Main Street, Sackville, N.B.
Built in 1899, this is a large white clapboard Queen Anne house, incorporating bay windows and towers that dominate the front façade.
The house was built for lumber baron John Johnson, who with his three sons, Oren, Seward and Josiah conducted a large business at Johnson's Mills, between Sackville and Dorchester Cape. Johnson acquired this site in 1897, part of the property of Captain Thomas Egan. After moving from Westcock to Sackville, and building this large house for his family of five children, he played a leading role in community affairs.
|This site is listed in the Canadian Register of Historic Places ; for fuller details see John Johnson House|
TANTRAMAR HISTORIC SITES home page
List of 19th CENTURY sites