Canadian National Railways
(Intercolonial Railway) Station
66 Lorne Street, Sackville, N.B.
The Canadian National Railways (Intercolonial Railway) Station is a one-and-a-half-storey, sandstone railway station, built in 1907-1908.
This railway station represents the brief, early-20th-century period of prosperity and expansion of the Intercolonial Railway before its decline and absorption into the Canadian National Railways. It typifies turn-of-the-century Intercolonial Railway stations in its generous scale and stone construction. It is distinguished by its use of local sandstone which gives it its rich textures and colouration.
In 2012 Via Rail closed the station.
This site is listed in the Canadian Register of Historic Places ; for fuller details see Canadian National Railways (Intercolonial Railway) Station
In 1993 this site was designated as a Heritage Railway Station ; see the listing in Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada's List of Designated Heritage Railway Stations.
Hamilton, Bill, "Sackville landmark celebrates centennial," Sackville Tribune-Post , 12 March 2008, p.27.
Wikepedia article Sackville Railway Station.
TANTRAMAR HISTORIC SITES home page
List of 20th CENTURY sites