Marshview Middle School
19 Queens Road, Sackville, N.B.
MARSHVIEW MIDDLE SCHOOL
In keeping with the trend in the second half of the 20th century towards consolidation of educational facilities this building was erected in 1951 as the new "Sackville High School", serving the whole Sackville area. The inscription on the foundation stone reads: "This stone was laid by C.L.Gass, M.D., September 1951." It served as the local high school for the next 20 years until the building of Tantramar Regional High School adjacent to the Trans-Canada Highway in 1971. This building then became "Marshview Middle School."
|For further information on the present school see the Marshview Middle School Web Site|
TANTRAMAR HISTORIC SITES home page
List of 20th CENTURY sites