Tantramar Tantramar Acadian

Central

Allison Arms Apartments,
11 Allison Street, Sackville, N.B.

SACKVILLE CENTRAL SCHOOL
1958

This was the site of Sackville Central School, built in 1899 to house grades 1 through 11. That building burned down in a spectacular fire on 2 February 1957. It was replaced in 1958 by a new, two-storey Sackville Central School.

That school closed in October 1980, and after serving as a school board office was sold and converted into the Allison Arms Apartments, seen here.

Foundation stone, 1958. This stone was laid by Capt. R.V. Bennett, March 1958.

See Jackson, K. and C.Scobie, Sackville Then and Now: New Brunswick's Oldest Town in Photographs (Sackville, N.B.: Tantramar Heritage Trust, 2013), pp.70-71.


TANTRAMAR HISTORIC SITES home page

List of 20th CENTURY sites