Location: Main floor of the Anderson Octagonal House 29 Queens Road, Sackville, N.B.
Phone : (506) 536-2541 for appointment.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours : Vary - please phone
Fees : $10.00 (2 hour session); $20.00 (full day); cost for photocopying. Members of the Tantramar Heritage Trust get free access to the Centre but must pay for photocopying.
Services : Open year round. A comfortable research facility equipped with computer with Internet access and photocopier.
The Research Centre was established in 2007. All publications and some of the genealogical and local history material are recorded in a card catalogue. Our holdings are being recorded by subject in a database for easier access. The Resource Centre would be delighted to receive copies of Sackville area family histories not currently in our collection. If you have items you would like to donate, please contact us at the above address, phone number or email address.
Holdings include :
- Over 280 publications on local and family history
- Periodicals of various genealogical associations
- Anniversary issues of local newspapers
- Genealogical material for over 80 families of Sackville and nearby communities
- Westmorland County Census records, 1770, 1820, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891
- Westmorland County Marriage records, 1790-1901
- Westmorland County Cemetery records - Botsford Parish and Sackville Parish (2007)
- Albert County Marriage records, 1846-1887
- Microfilm of United Church Pastoral Charge records containing Sackville Stewards records 1799-1813; Baptisms 1800-12, 1816-38; Marriages 1880-95; and Anderson Settlement Church records l875-1901
- Numerous historical and more recent photographs and slides pertaining to Sackville and the immediate area.
- Early maps of Sackville
- Early business records of Sackville in digital format
Return to Boultenhouse Heritage Centre